Aluminium deck framing system
A complete solution for decking over solid surfaces
StructurAL® is the ideal solution for construction of decks over solid surfaces where strength, durability and ease of installation is important. Perfect for use over waterproof membranes or for renovation of existing tiled or concrete floors. The combination of pedestals and low-profile joists enables a minimal increase from the existing to finished floor level.
The height adjustable NIVO pedestals are available in a range of sizes and are purposefully designed to suit the StructurAL® joists to provide a level deck surface. The versatile aluminium joist sections can be used with the Cobra hidden-fix clips or traditional self-drilling deck screws.
StructurAL® is a complete solution for construction of low height decks over solid surfaces.
For all enquiries, contact us.
Benefits of StructurAL®
- Complete system: all components are designed to work together for a simple and efficient deck installation
- Low deck height: combination of deck pedestals, joists and deck enables a deck floor from 103 mm above the existing surface
- No floor penetrations: the pedestals sit on the existing floor and is the ideal solution for decks above waterproof membranes
- Indoor/outdoor flow: a range of pedestal heights that are each adjustable to provide a level floor from indoor to outdoor areas
- Durabilty: The combination of polypropylene pedestals, aluminium joists and stainless-steel fixings results in a system that withstands the harshest conditions for a long deck life
- Light weight and stable: ultra-light weight components combine to provide a level and stable frame with high load capacity
Components of the StructurAL® System
Read more about all components of StructurAL®:
- Black anodised aluminium
- Centre grooved face for Cobra T AL clips, or smooth side for self-drilling screws
- Dimensions: 40x60mm 3.0m length 1.5mm wall thickness
- For fixing crossbeams to main joists
- Dimensions: 35x50x50mm
- 50 pieces per pack
- Self-drilling hex-head screws supplied
Cobra Tee AL
- Suitable for NewTechWood grooved edge decking
- Bi-material polymer and stainless-steel clip
- Pre-loaded screw
- 90 per pack
Joist connection sleeve
- Internal support for connecting two lengths of joist
- Dimensions: 35x175mmFor joist linear connection
- Self-drilling screws supplied
- 50 per box
- Start or end clip for use on first grooved edge board
- Fascia board covers the clip and joist, with the clip thickness setting the gap between the end-board and fascia
- Self-drilling screws supplied
- 10 clips/screws per bag
Pedestal joist adapter
- Interface between the Nivo tile pedestal and StructurAL aluminium joist
- Joists are purposefully designed to clip on and off the pedestal
- 122mm diameter 13mm thickness
- 20 adapters per bag
All the information on StructurAL®Download Flyer
Simple and Efficient Installation
The aluminium joists are designed to click on and off the NIVO pedestal adapter to adjust the frame as you go.
If you require any assistance with specification, design or installation, then please contact us.
Nivo Adjustable Pedestals
All the information on NIVO pedestalsNIVO Pedestals